Cricket itself has degraded the quality of matches due to various reasons and unfortunately India is in the forefront of that;
- Match Fixing
- Cheating and being biased
- Having roads as pitches where it’s not adding any value to cricket.
- Not behaving like gentlemen on and off the field.
- Of course the ill handling of online media and social media
Let’s look at the last point only and try to elaborate more on it and not go into argument about the others. I just watched the last moments of the Ind Vs Aus match accidentally and was shocked to see the scores people have got in the last match and also during the series. Inability to bowl in good pitches seems to have lead India to make the wickets become more and more closer to roads
But the funny part is these performances were praised by every website and social media related to them. So why is this happening… simple… they are again run by Indians. So… do you get the proper information/news when you access these sites? Absolutely No. But, unfortunately there are no proper alternatives to websites like cricinfo.
So biased that you can call cricinfo = cricindia …
So even if we spread the news around there will be no alternatives, not enough coverage of matches, no mobile apps (Android, iPhone, Mobile Web, Etc.).
But this is to wake everyone up and to get you thinking in the right direction so that there will be a buzz around. May be to promote a less quality but less biased alternative which has the potential to grow…
” My petition on Change.Org is 975 Supporters and counting… Appreciate more from you “
Last December I wrote a post which I tried to make a point against the unfair FUP (Fair Usage Policy) and practices by SLT (Sri Lanka Telecom).
Many have supported me and I am really thankful for each and everyone who supported this cause…
Let’s raise our voice for a better quality of service for a better tomorrow…
Today the software and the devices we use are more data intensive and the amount of data they are using is quite high.
SLT or Sri Lanka Telecom forced users like me to chance to a connection which provides higher data speeds,yet having a Fair Usage Policy Quota by making the previous connection very slow.
But now this quota is proving to be not enough and needs to be increased if we are to have a proper internet experience.
Youtube, Facebook and all the other commonly used websites now stream all the media in HD. So if you watch a 20 minute video it consumes more than 1GB. How on earth we are supposed to cope with 20GB???
I am a regular internet user who has not downloaded a single torrent in the last month. Yet my speeds are reduced. Is this really Fair??
Join with me to sign the following petition on Change.Org and force SLT to be more customer focused than being just another ISP.
Short URL: http://tiny.cc/sltadsl
This is a story about me purchasing a domain and asking the help from the domain name provider. Company is 1&1 Internet. WTF is wrong with this company, they have no sense of security being in an industry where they really need you to be worried about the security.
Just read from the bottom and you can comment of course
Some information is masked for security reasons.
Your travelling…. and you want to share your mobile broadband connection over WiFi. What can you do…?
Following are the options available…
1) Using a MiFi router. There are various models and types, Google it if you want more information.
2) If you have an Android or an Apple Device (iOS), you already have it; assuming that you have your cellular/mobile data connection connected.
3) If you don’t have any of these still there is a way, as long as you have a windows and a PC with a WiFi adapter. (Disadvantage of this method is that you can only connect windows computers)
- Connect your Mobile Broadband Connection
- Go to; Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center
- Create the Ad-Hoc Connection
- Turn on Internet Connection Sharing
- Ask others to connect to the defined WiFi Connection Name (In the below video it’s VENURA9.COM)
- Following video explains how it is done;
4) If you are more of a techie you can have a fully fledged WiFi network on your PC. This way you are not restrcited to a network where only the windows users can connect.
- Run the “cmd.exe” as the administrator
- Run the following commands to setup the network (Network SSID is VENURA and the password is 12345678):
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow "ssid=VENURA" "key=12345678" KeyUsage=persistent
- To Start:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- To Stop:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
- Go to: Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections
- Go to the properties of the connection you want to share, this can be a mobile broadband connection or even a wired connection
- Select the sharing tab and tick “Allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection”
- From the drop down select “Wireless Network Connection 2″ (Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter)
- Press OK
- Other PCs, MACs and Phones will see a network named “VENURA” and they can connect using the password “12345678“